Let’s face it: living during a pandemic means that we are staying at home, a lot! Here are some amazing date-night comedies to turn your ‘”after the kids go to bed chill’ time” into a fun movie date night. Get your popcorn, snuggle up to your partner, and prepare to laugh out loud!
- Bowfinger (1999) with Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy is one of our go-to movies. My husband and I watch when we need to cry from laughing too hard. A director (Steve Martin) puts together a cast to shoot an alien invasion movie with no budget and has to get creative. The result is a masterpiece in comedy!
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1988) Steve Martin and Michael Caine are amazing in this classic theatrical comedy. A small-time con artist (Steve Martin) gets schooled by his more elegant and bigger-time mentor (Michael Caine). So fun to watch.
- Spy (2015) Melissa McCarthy does not disappoint in this spy comedy. Her ability to move from victim and martyr, to cool girl and power player, is great to watch.
- Pink Panther (1963) with Peter Sellers as the clumsy Inspector Clouseau. Honestly all the subsequent ones with Peter Sellers are still awesome and more than laugh-worthy. My husband and I love the character of Cato, Inspector Clouseau’s loyal protege who is instructed to strike him when he least expects it.
- Hot Fuzz (2007) Two police officers (Simon Pegg and Nick Frost) investigate some odd things happening in a small town in England. What could go wrong? Well, pretty much everything. One of the best comedy movies for a date night.
- Shaun Of The Dead (2004) a group of friends (including Simon Pegg and Nick Frost) are trying to stay alive during a zombie apocalypse. The result is a hilarious and fun movie.
- The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005) A 40-year-old guy (Steve Carrell) is looking for love with the help of his friends. The waxing scene is unforgettable.